For submitting vat returns please read instructions below to simplify your work flow:
This user instructions guide will help you understand the key steps to file a VAT Return online through the eServices portal. For each Tax Period, a Taxable Person will be required to submit a VAT
Return which contains details regarding the supplies made or received by the Taxable Person.
Main Points to be noted while return preparation:
- The standard Tax Period shall be a period of three calendar months ending on the
date that the FTA determines.
- The FTA may, at its discretion, assign a different Tax Period other than the standard one, to a certain group of Taxable Persons.
- A Tax Return must be received by the FTA no later than the 28th day following the
end of the Tax Period concerned or by such other date as directed by the FTA. Where
a payment is due to the FTA, it must be received by the FTA by the same deadline.
Filing VAT Returns:
For each Tax Period, the Taxable Person shall report details in relation to sales and
other outputs as well as purchases and other inputs. For details please refer to the VAT
Returns full user guide. (You need to fill the details in prescribed format provided by FTA)
Steps to complete the process of submitting a VAT Return Form
> First step
Login to the FTA eServices portal and go to the ‘VAT’ tab whereby you will be able
to access your VAT Returns. From this screen you should click on the option to open
your VAT Return.
> Second step
Complete the Form: Fill in the following details: (These points are included in second step)
1. The sales and all other outputs as well as on expenses and all other inputs as
# the net amounts excluding VAT; and
#the VAT amount;
2. Based on your Payable Tax for the Tax Period proceed to a payment of any
payable tax to the FTA or request (if you wish) a VAT refund; and
3. Provide the additional reporting requirements in relation to the use of the Profit
Margin Scheme during the relevant Tax Period.
Submit the Form: Ensure all the details must be verified as per FTA Guidelines.
carefully review all of the information entered on the form after completing all mandatory
fields and confirming the declaration. Once you confirm that all of the information included
in the VAT Return is correct, click on the Submit button.
Pay the VAT Tax due (if applicable) through “My Payments” tab. Ensure payment
deadlines are met.
Here you go your, Your returns Filed.
If you have any doubt then refer FTA website for more details.
Hope this will help you to understand VAT submission in simple steps.
Thanks for Reading, Stay Connected.